Apps and scripts
- Job runner bash script
- ImageMagick (thumbnail generation)
- Mathoid; cli (Math extension)
- Poppler-utils; pdfinfo, pdftotext (PdfHandler extension)
See the Special:Version page for version and extension information.
So what does it cost per month to keep a website like this going?
|Hetzner Cloud||VPS||$13 [cost 1]|
|Plausible||Privacy-focused web analytics||$4|
I've been using the uCtrl name for this site for a long time... I first got the domain uctrl.net back in 2009, uctrl.org in 2017, and uctrl.dev in 2019. The "u" represents both μ (micro) and you, "ctrl" is of course control.
Late 2019 I decided to change it to stdout.no (stdout meaning Standard Output — "the default file descriptor where a process can write output.") There was a few reasons for this;
- I really liked it; it is short and sweet, and was available.
- The standard output definition fits very well with what this site is; a dumping ground for my projects, notes and thoughts.
- I wanted a .no domain, as they are handled by the Norwegian state-owned non-profit organization Norid.
Here are some blogs that I have looked to for inspiration;